LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
The Hospice Nurse Practitioner provides consultation in palliative care, symptom management and supportive care to meet the needs of the Hospice patient as requested by the referring physician. Facilitates clarification of patient and family goals of care. Assists with diagnosis, treatment and management of acute and chronic health conditions. Consults with the Hospice Medical Director as needed, informs primary physician of recommended services and collaborates with other physicians as needed. Educates facility staff, co-workers and the community on all aspects of Hospice and Palliative care and the services provided. Consults with the referring physician, the Hospice team and other involved providers to contribute to the patients plan of care. Prepares and maintains accurate patient records, charts and documents to support the medical practice and reimbursement for services provided. Prescribes medications including controlled substances to the extent delegated and licensed and after collaboration with Hospice care and referring physician. Orders diagnostics / treatments as needed after collaboration with Hospice care and referring physicians. Assists in development of clinical practice guidelines / standards in support of quality palliative care as requested by supervisor.Additional Details
Our company, a part of LHC Group, is currently seeking clinicians/professionals that want to join our team to help improve the well being of our patients and their families.
As noted by independent analysts, LHC Group consistently outperforms the industry in the percentage of our locations rating four stars or more. We are helping drive better outcomes for our patients nationwide.
If you're seeking a unique opportunity to take your career to the next level, it just arrived!
- Do you want to be rewarded for your hard work?
- Do you desire to make a difference providing quality care?
- Do you want to be part of a family and not just an employee?
- Flexible schedule for field clinicians
- Competitive pay
LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home.QualificationsExperience Requirements
- Minimum of five years nursing experience; clinical nursing care in oncology, hospice, geriatrics, intensive care preferred
- Current certification as a clinical Nurse Specialist or Nurse Practitioner in the state of practice.
- Current certification by a national body such as ANCC, NBCHPN, or AANP.
- Current driver's license and vehicle insurance, access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation.
Additional State Specific Requirements
- Current CPR certification required.
- GA: No additional state specific requirements.
- Palliative Care ARNP preferred.
- Knowledgeable regarding the interdisciplinary team concept
Associated topics: advanced, anesthetist crna, assistant cna, board, certified nurse midwife, clinical, community, fnp, nurse practitioner, practitioner